The Move Went Well

For the most part the move went very well. On Monday we woke up and got things around to load in the truck. The truck was a bit delayed. My legs got pretty banged up, my husband decided I had to help load the riding lawn mower in the truck. Well, if you have ever moved you would know those ramps are not that big. Therefor, we had to make due and push, and pull the darn thing. My legs currently look like Barney’s legs. After loading the mower we headed to the storage unit and loaded all of our belongings from there, then back to my sister’s for the rest of our things.

We had the truck pretty much all loaded within about 3 hours. I had to get in my last bit of visiting done, and I couldn’t bring myself to tell my sister, and my nieces and nephew goodbye. I would have broke down in tears, because it was sad to leave. I knew I had to leave but it sucked still. We got up about 3:30am, my husband made the remark that I get up like a crackhead… I can roll out of bed get dress and be ready to go within minutes pretty much. Him on the other hand takes him FOREVER to be woke up to go. At 4am EST on Tuesday we headed out. I had to do it before everyone woke up, because I would have been a big crybaby. I drove the 16 foot moving truck, hubby drove the car.

As soon as we pulled out it started to sleet. That didn’t stop us though, we drove careful and hit the road. We got back home about 4:30pmCST. The drive was not that bad, hubs and I was actually having fun. The only part that did suck was the wind. We were both trying to battle the wind!

After we got home we were sore, and did much of nothing. Wednesday we unloaded the truck. Less than 48 hours it took for us to pack the truck, drive 750 miles, and unload the truck. Not to bad! We just took the truck back yesterday, and now we are slowly unpacking and making this home again.

If I had to do it all over again, I think I would… EVEN though this whole move was drama, headache, and heartache… several good things came out of it… several bad things did as well… I will give a cleaned up version of what happened later. :)

So we are not back in Tennessee, still broke, still not sure of what to do, however, I think all things will work out… well I hope they will.

About Jammie Morey

Jammie is of Native American descent, she has family from the Ojibway/Chippewa tribe in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. She was born and raised in Michigan. She enjoys doing many things with her family. Some of those activities include geocaching, hiking, fishing, playing games together as a family, and just being silly with her daughter. Jammie is Owner of The Neat Things in Life. For more information visit on Google+.

Speak Your Mind


The Neat Things in Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to