I am not going to lie, this eating healthy has been a challenge! Everything we love is so bad for us, so we have had to find ways to make what we love a bit healthier so that we can still enjoy it. One would say the best way to be healthy and to lose weight is to cut things out of your daily menu, this is far from the truth.
I have been struggling all my life with my weight, and I have tried many times to lose weight, I am now educating myself. I have had a lot of failed attempts, but with each failed attempt I get closer to my goal.
I have recently started the Journey Gym 70 day Challenge, there is no way I am going to be looking like a fool at the end of the 70 days. I have been keeping a food log, and I have been getting in about 10 to 15 minutes workouts a day, I know I need to work on getting in more and next week I am aiming for 20 minutes a day!
I was also sent the FitBit Zip from Verizon Wireless! I love being a Verizon Wireless Ambassador!!! Every since I have seen this little handy tool, I have wanted one. I think one important thing about getting fit and healthy is having the proper tools. Want to get your hands on a FitBit Zip? If you use this LINK you can get $5 off your FitBit Zip purchase.
Next week I will be learning more about this handy device, and I will be sharing with y’all what I learn. They say knowledge is power, and I want to have as much knowledge as I can have.
So far this month I have tried two things I loved! First, was the Turkey and Black Bean Burgers, these were amazing! This month we also decided to cut as much sodium as we can from our diet, so I have been making my own seasonings for anything taco base.
Tonight my daughter decided she wanted nachos, we all know how not so good these can be for you, so we made them a bit better, and they were YUMMY! Want to know how?
Recipe: Nachos on The Healthy Side
- Tortilla Chips
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can Black Olives
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef (I used 96% / 4%)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (mine were garlic and Onion)
- 1 Cup Sharp Shredded Cheese
- For Seasonings I used the Taco Seasoning Mix found here
- In a frying pan cook up the ground beef, you want to make sure the ground beef is cooked all the way through, then add your taco seasonings.
- Dice your green peppers and onions add them to the ground beef, now slice the black olives, and add them as well as the tomatoes. You want these to be a little crunchy still so don’t over cook.
- Add your cheese and mix well.
- Use as a dip or place on your chips and enjoy!