Moving away from fried foods can be a challenge, it’s no secret everything usually tastes better fried. I have learned that, I don’t have to sacrifice some of my favorite fried foods, I just have to learn to cook them a bit healthier. Pompeian oil blends are a healthier alternative to your everyday vegetable oils. Not only do you use less, they’re the better fats you need in your diet, plus you’ll get the Essential Omega 3/6, and vitamin E.
Recipe: Southern Style Cajun Catfish
Summary: Fried catfish, with a kick of southern soul and spice
- 4 Catfish Filet’s
- 1/2C Milk
- 4tsp Paprika
- 2tsp Salt
- 2tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 1tsp Onion Powder
- 1tsp Oregano Leaves
- 1tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 3/4C Yellow or White Cornmeal
- 1/2C All-Purpose Flour
- Just enough OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend to coat pan
- Mix all dry ingredients, this will be your rub for the fish. Make sure you mix well, so all seasonings are mixed.
- Place enough OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend to coat the bottom of a frying pan. Heat the oil on medium, make sure the oil is heated enough.
- Dip a Fillet in milk, (Make sure the fillet’s are fully thawed.) then coat with the seasoning mix, place in pan and cook. About 5 minutes on each side. This will really depend on how high you have the burner.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Switching oils can help tremendously. Pompeian oils blends can be purchased at your local retailers.