We have been without cable TV for almost 2 years. We get our entertainment via Netflix and youtube. Often times watching shows on the laptop gives me a headache, so having something that will allow me to stream the content online to my TV is welcomed. PlayOn is an easy to use software that will allow one to deliver the content online to their TV.
In order to do this one must have a Windows PC as well as one of the other supported devices. (Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Roku, iPad, Kindle Fire, see full list on playon.tv)
In order to stream programs such as Hulu Plus, NetFlix, HBO, and other programs you must already be a paying member. PlayOn.tv will allow you to run a server on your computer which will then allow you to stream to another device which will then play on your TV. No more having to cuddle up in bed around the computer to enjoy a family movie.
With the economy a mess, many families not just mine have decided to ditch the high cost cable/satellite services. This was one of the best things my family has done. We save ourselves $50 a month, and we still get to watch most of our favorite shows via the Internet.
Some other great features of PlayOn include…
- · Customize your PlayOn interface by downloading new channels from PlayOn’s ever-expanding PlugIn Channel Store
- · Get Hulu on your tablet and smartphone without having to subscribe to Hulu Plus
- · Add on PlayLater to record your favorite Hulu, Netflix or TV shows and watch them any time and any where on your PC, tablet, iPhone or Android device – perfect for moms-on-the-go (keep your kids entertained) and international travelers (get around geo blocking)
- · A lifetime subscription to PlayOn with a free Roku box is now only $59.99 – less than one month of cable
I was able to checkout PlayOn for a short period but I loved it! It was great for my daughter’s bedroom. It gave her the ability to watch a lot of different shows on her TV through the Wii. Set up was pretty simple.
PlayLater allows you to record your shows and watch them at anytime! I was unable to check out this service, because I did have a computer crash and I decided to remove windows completely from my computer.
PlayOn would like to give 3 lucky readers PlayLater + PlayOn lifetime subscriptions (value of $59.99 each)! This is awesome to have if you have decided to ditch the cable company and switch to Netflix and Hulu like many have.
But that isn’t all! PlayOn is also running a promotion for a free year of PlayOn for new Wii U users (#playon4wiiu) at this landing page.
Three readers will each win a PlayLater + PlayOn lifetime subscriptions (value of $59.99 each)
- Follow PlayOn on Twitter
- Like PlayOn on Facebook
- Follow me on Google Plus
- Like The Neat Things in Life on Facebook
- Like Dizzy Mommy Chronicle on Facebook
- Like Far Beyond Knowledge on Facebook
- Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter.
- Follow me on twitter.
- Follow Far Beyond Knowledge on Twitter
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Tweet Giveaway
You can gain daily entries by doing the following. Remember each one you do counts for an extra entry. Be sure to leave a comment for each you do.
Enter to win a a lifetime subscription to @playontv http://www.theneatthingsinlife.com/?p=12868 #win #giveaways @Jammie79
- Stumble any post
- Comment on any post
- Google plus any post
- Like any post
I received above product for review purposes only, no other form of payment was received. This is only my honest opinion on the product, others will vary. Giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and older, and will end on January 2nd, at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be drawn via the and the winner is plugin. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be drawn.